Is your printer printing light or faded print jobs? Check these quick troubleshooting guides first before hiring an expensive repairman or buying a new printer! This guide is specified for the MS310 and MS312 printers which have indicator lights.
Things to check:
- Out of toner:
- Your printer may or may not indicate if it is out of toner, so be sure to check often!
- The rate at which you go through toner can greatly be affected by toner coverage rate, which dictates page yield. Learn more about toner coverage rates here (https://blog.printsaverepeat.com/2017/06/20/what-is-5-toner-coverage/)
- Printer settings:
- Check your media type; if you’re trying to print labels on plain paper settings, it often results in light print. However, if you keep your media settings on “labels,” you can print a variety of papers without any worry.
- Not sure how to change your media type settings? View our MS label tutorials here (https://blog.printsaverepeat.com/?s=ms+label)
- If it’s not your media type, double check your printer’s toner darkness settings. If it’s set to a lower setting, the likelihood of it printing lighter is fairly likely.
- Component failure:
- Especially after a few years of heavy use, sometimes printer components can wear out. Check to see if you need to replace any of these:
- Imaging drum
- Toner cartridge
- Maintenance kit
- The maintenance kit may also cause smudging in addition to light print. Replace the fuser if this is the case.
- We recommend NOT replacing the fuser or maintenance kit with these printer models, as the replacement is just as costly as purchasing a new printer: MS310, 312, 410, 415, 510, 610.
We hope this quick troubleshooting guide helped! Happy printing.
For a list of our products, visit here. More questions? Call us at 800.587.1173.